With all the “gossip” flying around the Internet about Google and the changes that have been going on over the last nearly 24 months, one of the biggest questions to stem from this from marketers is “is a press release still a good idea for marketing?”.
The simple answer is yes. Not only because of the information below, however Google themselves have also recommended that a press release is still valuable. This comes from a quote from John Mueller (one of Google’s lead Webmaster Trends Analysts), stating that, even though all links within a press release should be no-follow, “there is still great value to using press releases” (see the 5th paragraph at: http://searchengineland.com/google-links-in-a-press-release-should-be-nofollowed-like-advertisements-168339)
The below information, courtesy of PR Newswire, may be found in FULL at: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/pdf_files/top_10_reasons_to_send_a_press_release.pdf
Other reasons, not to be forgotten include:
1. Pickup – Your news release still go to journalists, editors and bloggers.
2. Authority – For your company or organization, you are the source.
3. Discovery – With the acuity of search engines and tribal nature of many social platforms that have made it easier than ever for granular searches to be preformed.
4. Placement – Syndication of news releases by commercial news services has given companies and organizations the opportunity to be publishers.
5. Targeting – Although perceived as blasted, news releases are actually targeted.
6. Multimedia – News releases with multimedia are viewed more than those without.
7. Social – Performing a quick search on Twitter will illustrate the popularity of a press release.
8. Mobile – Mobile readership of news releases is increasing.
9. Expertise – The news release can help you establish yourself and organization as an expert source or authority.
10. Archive – News releases are saved and stored.
The above are just a few brief points. View the full press release article by clicking HERE
A provider of professional, affordable press release distribution service since 2004, 24-7PressRelease continues to be a leader in the press release distribution industry. Through an exclusive partnership with PR Newswire, 24-7PressRelease delivers one of the most powerful news dissemination services today. 24-7PressRelease offers a variety of press release service packages, making it affordable and attractive for businesses of all sizes.