We have seen our spouses or partners using their smartphone on the couch, or looking at it before bed, but do we really know what they are looking at? Were you aware that women use social media and their smartphones differently from men?
If you are involved in marketing in any way, some of these numbers might assist you with how you target your market audience.
- Men are more likely to use social media for business-related reasons – 27% of men do this compared to just 22% of women.
- Men are nearly twice as active to use their phone for dating – 13% compared to just 7% of women.
- Women outnumber men in Facebook usage on their smartphones.
However, there are some areas in which women use smartphones more than men. The top three are:
- Staying in touch with family and friends
- Blogging, and photo uploading/sharing
Want to find out more about how the different sexes are using social media through their mobile devices? Check this out from FinanceOnline.com: