Our management team has noticed the increased importance and influence of visuals in helping to increase a Brand’s visibility online. It’s easy to see why images, visuals and photographs are influential, given that more than 55 million photos are posted onto Instagram alone daily.
People connect on an instant emotional level with images, and making content more visually appealing to readers by adding videos and images raises the reader engagement online as well as boosting the social media ‘share-ability’ factor of a press release.
According to recent research, a combination of photos, videos and multimedia content can increase the reach of a news item online by up to 970%.
It’s also been proven that the addition of images and video makes it easier to share and like on social media platforms for readers, and also highlights their ability to pass on useful, engaging, funny, and unique content to their networks. Quite simply, visuals enhance the story content immediately.
Here’s 19 reasons why visual content is an essential consideration for any organization utilizing online PR and online news distribution, via this fantastic article at HubSpot (click here) with compelling statistics:
* 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visual information is processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Zabisco) Tweet this Stat!
* 40% of people respond better to visual information over plain text. (Source: Zabisco) Tweet this Stat!
* 46.1% of people say a website’s design is the main criteria for discerning the credibility of a company. (Source: Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab) Tweet this Stat!
* Publishers using infographics see 12% more web traffic on average (Source: AnsonAlex) Tweet this Stat!
* Posts with videos attract three times more inbound links than plain text posts. (Source: SEOmoz) Tweet this Stat!
* Visual content drives engagement – one month after the introduction of Facebook Timeline for Brands, visual content (photos and videos) saw a 65% increase in engagement (Source: Simply Measured) Tweet this Stat!
* On Facebook, photos perform the highest for Likes, Comments and Shares compared to text, links and videos (Source: Dan Zarrella) Tweet this Stat!
* 37% of Pinterest account holders login three times per week, 28% a few times per month, 15% login daily, and 10% login multiple times daily (Source: PriceGrabber) Tweet this stat!
* 98% of people surveyed with a Pinterest account also had a Facebook and/or Twitter account (Source: PriceGrabber) Tweet this Stat!
* Pinterest generates more referral traffic for businesses than Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn combined (Source: Shareaholic) Tweet this Stat!
* Pinterest drives sales directly from its website: of people with Pinterest accounts, 21% have purchased an item after seeing it on Pinterest. (Source: PriceGrabber) Tweet this Stat!
* 85% of the overall US internet audience watches videos online. The 25-34 age group watches the most online videos, with adult males spending 40% more time watching videos on the internet compared to females (Source: comScore and Nielsen) Tweet this Stat!
* Over 60 hours of videos are uploaded every 60 seconds onto YouTube (Source: YouTube) Tweet this Stat!
* 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every 60 seconds (Source: YouTube) Tweet this Stat!
* Viewers spend 100% more time on web pages with video on them (Source: MarketingSherpa) Tweet this Stat!
* Mobile video viewing increased by 35% from 2010 to 2011 (Source: Nielsen) Tweet this Stat!
* 25 million smartphone users stream four hours of mobile video per month. 75% of smartphone users watch videos on their phones, of which 26% use video at least once per day. (Source: Ooyala and Ipsos) Tweet this Stat!
* Mobile video subscription is predicted to hit $16 billion in revenue by 2014, with over 500 million subscribers (Source: Ooyala) Tweet this Stat!
* Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video (Source: Internet Retailer) Tweet this Stat!
If you have any queries or questions about our ranges of press release distribution services, please feel free to get in touch here. (hyperlink with http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/contact_us.php)