At 24-7 Press Release Newswire, we’ve seen the increasing link between online PR and social media marketing in the last 12 months – and it’s getting more critical as 2014 races on.
As a well-established provider of online press release distribution and online PR services across the world, seeing the growing prominence of social media marketing – and how this affects the success of online PR campaigns, has become a highly important factor in achieving impact and reach online.
We came across an interesting article here from the excellent social media information network and blog at Bufferapp.com, which highlighted a few surprising statistics about social media marketing and the effect it has on gaining attention online:
* Your biggest advocates on social media also have the fewest Followers.
* According to the Mention website, 91% of mentions come from those with less than 500 Followers. Most of these are potential Brand advocates.
* Fewer than one in 10 of every mention will come from a ‘Power User’, or someone with a large number of Followers.
* There are six well-defined communication networks on Twitter – check out the visual here.
* Original, well-written content still outperforms visual content: however, visuals are a very important part of the marketing mix. Ideally, written content with visuals works best.
* Over half of marketers (58%) claim written content is their most important form of social media content. Only 19% of marketers voted visual content as the most successful pat of their online marketing campaigns.
* Brands have less than 60 minutes to respond to customers on Twitter to be effective – check out the visual here to find out why.
* Do re-tweeting late at night, ideally between 10-11pm: this is effective because share volumes are lower and the chance of gaining attention is higher.
* Facebook promotions work best on Fridays – a social intelligence report from Adobe demonstrated that when posted on Facebook on a Friday, content received more Likes, more Shares, and more Comments than any other day.
* The Top 3 social media sites for driving traffic are Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
* Visual content is increasingly important on Facebook, helping to drive 87% of all engagement on the platform.
Check out the full article here – there’s some excellent social media statistics to be aware of when you’re planning your next online PR campaign.
If you have any queries or questions about our ranges of press release distribution services, please feel free to get in touch here.Google+